This is my favourite way to use up my frozen pumpkin. I use the lessor amounts of sugar and have also substituted honey for the brown sugar which makes them soft and chewy.
- 500 ml (2 c) flour
- 250 ml ( 1 c) rolled oats, uncooked
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking soda
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 250 ml (1 c) butter, softened
- 125 ml to 250 ml (1/2 to 1 c) brown sugar
- 125 ml to 250 ml (1/2 to 1 c) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla
- 1 egg
- 250 ml (1 c) pumpkin puree
- 250 ml (1 c) chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Cream butter, gradually add sugars, beat until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. Alternate additions of dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough off tablespoon, flattening a little. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until cookies are firm and lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets, cool on racks.
Share this post
- Tags: pumpkin