Coleslaw’s main ingredient is usually cabbage but I’ve also added or substituted it with kohlrabi or carrot and if you have other vegis that you would like to add go for it. I don’t measure the vegi’s so feel free to judge for yourself, just make sure the dressing thoroughly coats all the salad. The key is to slice everything extra fine so that the dressing is well dispersed. I also make my own mayonnaise so I’ve added that recipe also. You may never want to use store bought mayonnaise again. I know I haven’t.
- 750 ml (3 c) shredded cabbage
- 250 ml (1 c) grated carrot
- 125 ml (½ c) chopped green pepper
- 125 ml (½ c) chopped green onion
- 125 ml (½ c) mayonnaise - see homemade mayonnaise recipe
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) vinegar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) prepared mustard
Combine prepared vegetables in large bowl.
Combine mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard. Stir into vegetable coating thoroughly. Chill before serving.