Lots of different textures and flavours going on in this recipe. Easy and quick to make when you’ve had a hectic day.
- 75 ml (5 tbsp) oil, divided
- 25 ml (5 tsp) soy sauce, divided
- 15 ml (3 tsp) cornstarch, divided
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cut in bite size pieces
- 125 ml (½ c) chicken broth
- 2 ml (½ tsp) ground ginger
- 2 ml (½ tsp) dried red pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ kg (½ lb) broccoli, cut in bite size pieces
- 125 ml (½ c) chopped walnuts
- Hot cooked rice
Mix 15 ml oil, 10 ml soy sauce and 5 ml cornstarch in a bowl. Stir in chicken to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together chicken broth, ginger and remaining 15 ml soy sauce and 10 ml cornstarch. Set aside.
Heat remaining 60 ml of oil in large skillet. Stir fry refrigerated chicken mixture and dried red pepper over mid-high heat until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet. Stir fry onion and garlic in skillet until onion is tender. Add broccoli, stir fry until tender. Add chicken and broth. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in walnuts. Serve with rice.